Its color consists of a combination of white, blue, and green.
7. The main attractions are the beach, nightlife, and kite and wind surfing among other beach activities.
This beach town is located in the north part of the country. Punta Cana and La RomanaResorts:
Some of the best resorts in the world are in Punta Cana and La Romana including Casa de Campo and Cap Cana. One can go to this on an excursion (bring your bathing suits!).
These are only a couple of the natural waterfalls worth visiting in the Dominican Republic. It is the highest peak in the Caribbean and fantastic for hiking experience.
9. The main site to see is the Basilica of La Altagracia.
5. The colonial zone in the capital Santo Domingo has a vibrant nightlife, wide variety of restaurants and shops, and eye-catching architecture rich in history.
4. Saman Excursions:
A variety of excursions are available including beach, ATV, waterfall, safari, catamaran, and zip-line tours.
2. This beach is considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
Playa Rincn in Samana:
Punta Cana Beaches
Cayo Levantado in Samana
Credit: Marcos Vidal
Palmilla in La Romana
Credit: Marcos Vidal
…and many more…
This waterfall is another fantastic site in the Saman Peninsula (northeast). Mountain Climbing
Pico Duarte is the highest peak of the country 3,087 meters above sea level.
Salto El Limn
8. 10. These resorts offer a variety of activities and excursions for guests as well as fantastic golf courses!
Casa de Campo, La Romana
Cap Cana, Punta Cana
1. Larimar & AmberAmber:
Remember the very first scene in Jurassic Park? The amber being extractedwas in the Dominican Republic. Great amber is available for memories of the country.
Larimar is a beautiful and rare mineral only found the in the Dominican Republic. Merengue
Merengue is a style of music and dance native to the Dominican Republic (easier than salsa).
6. Various lodging options are available for all types of budgets. Waterfalls
This amalgan of 27 waterfalls lies near Puerto Plata, northern part of the country. Higuey
A small town located in east Dominican Republic. The atmosphere in Cabarete draws in a younger crowd than other tourist parts. . The BeachesBahia de las Aguilas or Bay of the Eagles:
Eight kilometers of beach in southwestern Dominican Republic. Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo was the first established city of the New World